Mechanical Engineer– Research and Development Group
Location: El Segundo, California
Industry Field: Robotics, Automation, large-scale 3D Printing, Manufacturing
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering
The position entails research and development in the emerging technology field of large scale 3D printing for applications such as construction. Responsibilities include designing, prototyping, fabricating and testing mechanical systems. Knowledge of mechatronics is preferred but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and build prototypes and work effectively within new product development processes
- Design, review, plan conduct and document laboratory experiments for evaluation of new or improved products and processes.
- Understand and conform to relevant safety standards
- Integrity, motivation and teamwork spirit in a startup environment
- Effective, oral and written communication skills
- B.S./M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in mechanical design, fabrication and prototyping
- Expertise in using CAD modeling tools
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Excellent hands-on skill and knowledge of fabrication methods and tools
- Limited travel may be required.
This position offers opportunities for career growth and experience of bringing innovative products to market. Contour Crafting Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to:
Your email subject should be: “Mechanical Engineer Applicant” + Your Full Name